After putting out OxygenOS beta updates based on the Android 10 last month, OnePlus had started rolling out the latest OxygenOS 10.0 stable update for the OnePlus 6 and the OnePlus 6T devices. The new update rollout comes soon after the OnePlus 7 and the OnePlus 7 Pro got the update recently. For OnePlus 5 and OnePlus 5T devices, the company has already stated that users will have to wait until the second quarter of 2020 to get the Android 10 update.
According to a post made by OnePlus on its community forum page, “This OTA will have a staged rollout. The OTA will be received by a limited number of users today and will have a broader rollout in a few days after making sure there are no critical bugs. Using VPN to download this build might not work as the rollout Is not based on regions and is randomly pushed out to a limited number of devices.”
As of now, the update has been put on hold after a fingerprint bug was discovered in the stable update. If you have not updated already, then you can wait till OnePlus releases a new update.
- Upgraded to Android 10
- Brand new UI design
- Enhanced location permissions for privacy
- New customization feature in Settings allowing you to choose icon shapes to be displayed in the Quick Settings
- General bug fixes and improvements
- Added inward swipes from the left or right edge of the screen to go back
- Added a bottom navigation bar to allow switching left or right for recent apps
- New Game Space feature now joins all your favourite games in one place for easier access and better gaming experience
- Intelligent info based on specific times, locations and events for Ambient Display (Settings – Display – Ambient Display – Contextual Display)
- Now possible to block spam by keywords for Message (Messages – Spam – Settings – Blocking settings)